Google

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Hendel's Market Cafe in Florissant MO Restaurant Review

Super cozy atmosphere but still elegant.  Is that called quaint.  Quaint seems like an underwhelming word and Hendel's is in no way underwhelming.  I ordered the Salmon BLT and it was incredible.  Unfortunately, I went here during lunch.  I am really excited to try the dinner menu.  My company ordered a Portobello Burger and Southwest Salad.  I didn't ask to try either dish but both looked good.   The only suggestion I'd have is to get the dressing on the side if you order a salad.  The salad looked like it was smothered in dressing.   Everything else about it looked great.

If you are from the St. Louis area you know Florissant is in North St. Louis County, which doesn't have a great reputation.  I can honestly say Hendel's is located in a great neighborhood and there are a lot of hidden gems in North St. Louis County.  I can't say that all of them are in a great neighborhood but I can say I've never felt threatened going to any place in North St. Louis including the city.  Well with the exception of Wendy's but that's fast food.  The police came into the Wendy's I was in looking for a suspect, that incident was a bit scary.Other than that though...

No comments: